Some people have expressed interest in how I added pictures to the Wordle I made for my New Year Resolutions. I wanted to make a video to show you all, but I have run out of time. I'm resorting to text, and hurried text at that.
Here are my directions. I doubt very much if this is the best way, but it was what worked for me (with lots of help from my son). I am not going to apologize for the lack of technical language - this happens to be how I think!
1. Use a screen capture device like Skitch or Jing and grab a picture of your wordle. Jpg is what I made it, but I don't know how important that was. Save it to your desktop. It should look something like the picture here on my blog ie a heap of words on a background.
2. Get the pictures you want to add to your wordle jpg. I used Morguefile so I wouldn't have to muddy it up with attributions. I saved them to my desktop. Use your own pictures from your computer if you prefer.
3. Open Photoshop Elements.
4. Go to file/open and get the wordle jpg. It will go to the middle of your work area. You will have to sort out sizes etc yourself, because I don't know how big your image is. Image/Resize will tell you how big it is, and I change sizes in there. Experiment.
5. Double click on the first picture from your desktop you want to paste into your wordle. That will open it. Go Copy, then Paste it onto your wordle. It will likely be too big - don't worry.
6. Choose the Move tool (top of left tool bar), and click on your pasted pic which is way big. Now you can resize and drag it to where you want. Once you're happy, click the little green arrow that comes up on it. But you can make changes later too.
7. Do that many times until you are happy with your pics and how they are arranged on your wordle.
8. Go Save As. It will want to save as a psd, a photoshop file. Do that (because you can make changes to that file if you want later),and then save as again, and this time, pick the format you want from the menu eg jpg. If you're not sure where to save to, desktop is handy until you sort it out.
I hope that works. If it doesn't email me, and I'll see what I can do to help. (Wonder if my son is still home on holidays?)