Chookeriffic Children's Book Giveaway 2013 Day 2
by Susan Stephenson, www.thebookchook.com
I've been scouring websites and catalogues for months to bring you a variety of books that will make children's eyes light up when they unwrap their gifts. On Monday I presented the first six books. Here are the next six:
Scholastic are giving away 5 copies of Wombat Divine.)
Penguin Australia website. Young Jedi knights will love the cartoon-style LEGO scene graphics, the fascinating details, the variety of articles connected by Yoda, the character explanations and weapon descriptions. There's also an insert in the front cover containing a mini fig - a Special Forces Commander. (If you have an iPad/iPhone, check out the LEGO Star Wars The Yoda Chronicles free app.) (Penguin are giving away 2 copies of The Yoda Chronicles.)
Hardie Grant Egmont are giving away 3 copies of Little Big.)
Scholastic are giving away 5 copies of I Spy Christmas Riddle Book.)
Random House Australia (2013.) This is THE chapter book to buy your kids who love to read and laugh at the same time. Charmingly interspersed with recipes and advice from Nanny P - rock cakes make great missiles, leave cake for the reindeer and carrots for Santa, tips on a properly unbalanced festive season diet - the Guide chronicles the further adventures of Nanny, Boris and the Green children. I hope teachers everywhere will grab a copy for their classes of 10-14 year-olds because there are so many wonderful parts to discuss and chortle over. (Random House are giving away 3 copies of The Nanny Piggins Guide to Conquering Christmas.)
Simon and Schuster (2013) have pulled out all stops to make Warning, Do Not Open This Book as funny as it can be. Kids will laugh out loud from end-paper to end-paper, chortling over all the exhortations to them NOT to turn the pages. The lovely quality of the book's paper further enhances the muted palette illustrations, illustrations that truly spring to life, urged on by the story's drama. Warning, Do Not Open this Book is a fantastic book to read aloud to kids, and one they will beg for at bedtime. (However I'm tipping "just one more" won't be enough!) (Simon and Schuster are giving away 3 copies of Warning, Do Not Open this Book.)
1. Open to Australian residents only.
2. One email entry per family/library for the giveaway.
3. There are multiple copies of different books in the giveaway but a random chicken will appoint a winner to a book. You and I have no control over which book you get if you win. If that doesn't suit you, please don't enter.
4. The giveaway is open for one week. Winners will be notified via email. Publishers will post books out when they can.
1. Send an email
2. On the subject line of your email write Chookeriffic Giveaway.
3. In the body of your email write your name and Australian postal address.