Children’s iPad App, Little Story Creator
by Susan Stephenson, www.thebookchook.com
From the developers:
- Import photos from your photo library, Dropbox, Facebook, and Picassa
- Simple touch gestures to rotate, resize, flick to delete
- Double tap photos, titles, or text areas for advanced editing
- Add add borders, change colors, and copy and paste
- Add up to 30 second long videos to every page
- Supports unlimited number of pages
- Share stories via email
- View shared stories online in any browser on any device
- Add audio recordings to make your stories come to live
- Add audio highlights to help little ones learn how to read
- Add stickers - hundreds of free stickers included
What I liked: My first impression of this app was that it combines ease of navigation while also offering lots of features. It encourages kids to make little booklets and add text, drawings, images or videos, and stickers. Children can also record themselves speaking over each page. Finished work can apparently (see NB, below) be shared via email and viewed in any browser. Little Story Creator is free.
I found it easy to edit my pages if I wanted to, but I would have loved a few more features. A fill-tool and some shapes, and editable speech bubbles would be great. There are some built in animal and transport stickers I think kids will love, but of course, a greater range of stickers is on my wish list too.
NB Some reviewers have reported problems with the app. While I figured there are extra features that would make the app really excellent, I didn’t have any problems with it UNTIL I clicked on the link that would take me to my shared booklet. All I found was a “this domain may be for sale” page. I can only hope this problem is temporary as until that moment, the app worked fine for me. Kids could certainly still use it to create stories but if the sharing option is vital, then maybe you might need to test that function with a one page story, first.
Check out my iPad App Reviews on Pinterest, and find more apps and articles via my Listly page.