App Review by Susan Stephenson, www.thebookchook.com
From the developers:
Doodlecast Pro is the easiest way to create presentations on your iPad. The app records your voice as you draw to create quick presentations. Doodlecast Pro saves videos to the camera roll making it easy to import them into popular video editors or presentation tools such as iMovie, Keynote, or iBooks Author. Perfect for teachers, students, business people and anyone needing an elegant way to share ideas.
Rich feature set:
• Set backgrounds and import your own images
• Support for multiple pages as well as undo and redo
• Save videos and images directly to your photo album
• Built-in support for sharing via Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube and email
• Multiple brush and pointer styles
• Control over colours, line weight and opacity
• Take photos and quickly annotate them
• New rewind feature lets you fix mistakes quickly
What I liked:
It’s great that Doodlecast Pro lets you save images/videos in standard formats because this makes it so much more flexible and accessible by others. It helps educators too that there is no sign up required. Presenting information in some way is a very common task students need to do, and Doodlecast Pro makes it easy. I also really like the option to import PDFs for a project - you can start something in Keynote or Pages, for instance, and open it in Doodlecast Pro.
Kids will enjoy the many many tools, styles of font, stamps, fill tools, etc as well as the functionality of the app. It would make equally as great a choice for a youngster who wants to orally recount his fish story over an image he created (see within main image, above, where fish pic was created in-app), or for an older child who needs to explain a concept in Maths or Science.
iTunes USA: $4.99